Thursday, February 9, 2012

CTR

Ahem... So it turns out that I'm falling behind on blogging all the posts that I was behind on in the first place. Vicious cycle!  BUT.. I am determined to finish my "Best of the Unmentioned" series, even if it is quite untimely. 

And there is a good explanation for my falling behind... but I can't really talk about that just yet because it is a surprise for a certain someone who frequents this untimely blog of mine. 

(No, we're not expecting, if that's what you were thinking when you read that last sentence. That's a story for another day.)

I just couldn't let this week pass me by without posting this...

On Sunday Logan  got his first ever CTR ring (since he's a CTR 4 now in Primary), and WOW has it changed our lives around here these past 5 days.  I swear this little CTR ring has super powers! Why didn't I know about this until now? I think I've been reminded by Mr. CTR, at least 12 times each day to choose the right. 


The kid wears it proud and is constantly doing little helpful things here and there because he wants to "choose the right." He has become an extreme helper around the house. It is quite nice. 

And not only that, but my ability to get him to make good choices has increased exponentially. Amazing! If he doesn't listen the first time I ask him to do something, all I have to say is, "Logan - remember? Choose the right..." and he obeys! Just like that!



Too bad it's already turning his finger green... good thing they're so cheap.  
I think I'll keep a secret stash of these on hand - I love his eager little attitude right now.  It's too sweet.





6 comments:

Torrie and the girls said...

That's awesome! Its wonderful to find something that works. He seems adorable so I don't know if I believe all the stories when he's NOT being a big helper ;)

Unknown said...

That's so nice that its working so well!!! Any motivation is good but especially when its just goodness from goodness!

Kaye said...

I think you should write something up and send it to the Friend magazine - they might just print it! Love and hugs to all of you - I need to run down and say hi!

Lee and Sharon said...

I think the developement of the CTR ring was a wonderful invention. There definitely is a purpose there. Such a great kid.

Dan said...

Do you think it has powers on 3 year olds?? Glad Logan is loving primary!
I was thinking about you the other day, I need to call and catch up soon.

Tamara said...

Dan's comment is actually Tamara :) Didn't know I was signed in as him.